Wednesday, March 25, 2009


Hank has been pretty quiet so far today - likely a result of all the hoo-ha from the last 36 hours.  He's been feeding, though, and has proven his latching technique to be pretty solid...a good sign of things to come.  
Shelly continues to progress well - she's been making semi-frequent trips to the bathroom, and apart from a little wooziness from time to time, is healing great.

This is a pretty wild ride...I'd like to believe that I had prepared myself for the chaos and randomness of everything, but there's no way I was.  Everything you guys (my friends) have said is spot-on...there is no planning for this, and there is no way to describe the sensory experience of transitioning into fatherhood.  As new parents, we're lovin' every second of this.
Cheers!
Dave

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He's a very handsome baby boy! Huge congrats to you both.

Carolyn Zook said...

He is absolutely perfect in every way! Congratulations again! You are amazingly wonderful parents - I can tell already.